layout: post published: true Date: 2011-04-27 Tags:
posterous_url: http://blog.ajdecon.org/some-day-ill-actually-finish-a-todo-list posterous_slug: some-day-ill-actually-finish-a-todo-list
But for now, there are just so many interesting things to play with!
Ignoring my list of real useful todos for work and life (ha!), I still have way too many personal projects which I can't bring myself to abandon...
- Train myself back up to decent epee fencing
- Work my way through a decent book on MPI programming
- Finish that book on machine learning I've been working on since last year
- Learn enough practical computer security to be dangerous
- Work my way through the Ruby on Rails tutorial
- Find people to build a jazz combo with
- Build a 3D printer
The list really doesn't end. If I added it all up, won the lottery and quit my job, I'm still not sure I could manage it. And my job is at least as interesting as most of the things on my fun list!
On the plus side: when I was still in grad school, I was too beaten down to even think about doing most of these things. The new job has really made almost everything better: more fun, more money, more self-esteem, more motivation, and more smiles for Leigh and the cats.
Now if only I had more free time...